Film and Media SPEED Program
What is a SPEED program?
Go, Give, Engage with our low cost SPEED programs!
Identical to our longer programs, a SPEED program allows you to travel, experience and learn – for a 1 week or 2 week program any time through the year. BEYOND BORDERS’s SPEED programs are a great way to gain valuable experiential learning while spending less time and money!
What is the program about?
Introducing a shorter variation of BEYOND BORDERS’s most popular flagship Film and Media program! For those who wish to learn about cinema through one of the world’s largest film industries – Bollywood, this is the program! Packed in 2 weeks of screenings, film sets, post-production and professional interactions this unique program is your gateway to Bollywood!
Get an insight into one of the world’s largest and most prolific film industries – Bollywood! 2 weeks of attending film shoots, meeting with film professionals and visiting post-production studios in BEYOND BORDERS’s unique SPEED program that allows you to learn more in a short time! The SPEED program also includes a weekend stay in the beautiful hill station of Malavli where you can experience the tranquillity of rural India with exciting treks to heritage sites in the vicinity.
Why should I attend?
If you’re fascinated by the world of cinema and have always dreamt of coming to Bollywood- the land of grand song and dance sequences and elaborate sets and costumes- this program is just for you! Soak in the culture of India while expanding your horizons!
Who can attend?
Those interested in cinema, students of Media, Liberal Arts or even busy media professionals will get a flavour of India through this unique program.
Where is the program?
What should I expect to do on the program?
- Informational lectures and meetings: Students have one-on-one meetings with directors, cameramen, scriptwriters, producers and actors. They get to interact with industry professionals in their own environment. This gives students an understanding of the processes and people involved in the making of a film; including production, direction, post production, finance and distribution.
- Attend Shoots: Students spend a few days on a film set to get a behind-the-scenes view into the world of set designers, prop houses, casting directors, production executives, action directors, stunt masters, make-up artists, fashion designers, lighting men, spot boys, music directors and other cast and crew. Shoots include those of films, television and reality shows and sometimes ad films.
- Post Production: Students also visit post production studios to see editing, color correction, visual effects, audio post and background music and song recordings.
- WEEKEND EXCURSION: Visit the popular hill station Malavli. Experience the beauty of rural India while exploring the countryside and its stunning heritage sites which include the historic Lohagad fort, the 2500+ years old Bhaja and Karla caves. Stay at the BEYOND BORDERS guest house with scenic views of the surrounding Sahyadri hills – away from the hustle bustle of Mumbai!
What is the duration of the program?
What are the costs?
Application Fee: USD 45
For individuals: USD 2391 (inclusive of 15% service tax) for the 2 week program
For Groups: USD 2191 (inclusive of 15% service tax) (4 or more participants) for the 2 week program. I am interested in forming a group. Tell me more.
Applying from the United States? Make your BEYOND BORDERS experience more valuable!
BEYOND BORDERS now has an exclusive partnership with International Studies Abroad (ISA), that provides service-learning and internship opportunities to U.S. and Canadian univeristy students. Through this partnership, students will gain access to ISA’s extensive program resources. Students will be in contact with ISA’s exemplary support staff throughout the program, and will benefit from having both a pre and post departure orientation. By applying through ISA, students receive a level of student support service not common amongst other providers. Make the BEYOND BORDERS experience even more valuable by applying through ISA today!
Apply for this BEYOND BORDERS program through ISA. Click here for more
How do I avail of the lowest cost?
If you can team up with 2 or more friends who are interested in the program, you can form a group to avail of our subsidized group prices. Click here to learn more about how to form groups.
You can also partner with BEYOND BORDERS to avail of our special institutional prices. To partner with BEYOND BORDERS write to us at email@example.com with the subject line “Partner”.
We may have a scholarship available at this time. Click here to see if there is an exciting scholarship cost available!
What is included in the program fees?
The program fee includes the following:
- Pre departure orientation and support
- Airport pickup on arrival
- Transportation from Mumbai to Program site (in case the program site is different from Mumbai)
- Cultural adjustment, health and safety orientation.
- Weekend excursion to Malavli including accommodation, meals and optional treks. (Transportation to Malavli will be additional)
- Program orientation and overview by qualified program personnel (Program Director/Academic Director/Sr. Program Managers)
- Local sim card on day of arrival
- Shared accommodation at BEYOND BORDERS guest houses. The accommodation at all BEYOND BORDERS program locations is secure, centrally located and basic but comfortable.
- Most BEYOND BORDERS guest houses have power backup, hot water, modern amenities, internet access, television, a well equipped kitchen, day staff for cooking and cleaning .
- Three meals a day: Indian vegetarian meals. BEYOND BORDERS does not serve meat at guest houses for health and hygiene reasons. Often curries or breakfast might include eggs. Vegan meals can also be arranged on request.
- Support during program activities and monitoring (Program activities are Monday to Friday. Weekends are free for students’ personal travel).
- Weekly reviews of the program with qualified program personnel (Program Director/Program Manager/Academic Director). This includes reviews of the participants learning, contribution to placement organization, facilities, logistics and program content.
- Help/support/certification in completing participant’s requirements for academic credit.
- 24 Hour emergency support (7 days a week).
The cost does NOT include:
- Any overnight accommodation in Mumbai if your flight arrives before program date.
- Transportation to and from Malavli for the weekend excursion
- Daily local transportation. (Proper guidance will be provided to participants on how to use local transport systems.)
- Air ticket to India, visa fees and any travel insurance will be the responsibility of the student.
- Weekend and overnight excursions outside the program activities will have to be paid by the students directly.
- Expenses of personal nature like table drinks, fruits, juices, other snacks or personal preference meal items, mineral water, international telephone calls, or any other expenses which are not included in the above list, would be borne by the students.
- Airport Drop at the end of the program is not included in program cost.